Thule G2 rear cycle carrier

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
OK, I know some don't like the idea, but that's not my question! I'm interested to know how folks get on with the fitting of these racks. My Swift has mountings for one and I'm considering one to transport my racing bike (weighs the same as a pair of socks) rather than having to put the roof rack on the car every time. What I'm interested in is:

• Do they come with specific fittings? If I buy one from EBay I want to make sure it's complete!
  • Has anyone had any issues with anything breaking/coming undone?
  • Can they be locked/securely mounted to the caravan or do you have to use a chain-style lock to secure the bike to the grab handles? Just aware that someone could clear off with the bike secured to the rack if the rack is easily removed.

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
OK, I know some don't like the idea, but that's not my question! I'm interested to know how folks get on with the fitting of these racks. My Swift has mountings for one and I'm considering one to transport my racing bike (weighs the same as a pair of socks) rather than having to put the roof rack on the car every time. What I'm interested in is:

• Do they come with specific fittings? If I buy one from EBay I want to make sure it's complete!
  • Has anyone had any issues with anything breaking/coming undone?
  • Can they be locked/securely mounted to the caravan or do you have to use a chain-style lock to secure the bike to the grab handles? Just aware that someone could clear off with the bike secured to the rack if the rack is easily removed.
No problem to fit just follow the instructions and use the kit that comes with the rack . I put my wife's electric bike on the rack and it travels just fine on my Swift.
As an extra precaution I also secure the bike to the frame with a ratchet strap.I also place a sponge in between the rack and the bike frame to prevent rubbing .
It would be difficult to remove the rack with a bike attached but it is possible.
Your bike is open to the elements during travel so I always use a bike cover fixed with bungee cords.

Reactions: GaryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts