Thule wheel leveller

Apr 5, 2019
Visit site
I have a set of Thule wheel levellers can anyone please tell me if you can get chocks to fit these or is it a case of buying new levellers which come with chocks.
I also have a AL-KO receiver fitted to my wheel hub do I need a specific lock to fit it or can I buy any AL-KO lock
Many thanks if someone can help

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that the Thule Levellers were designed to be used with chocks. Milenco do ones which are (https://www.milenco.com/products/levelling/mgi-wedge-levels) and there may be other brands available. As far as the AL-KO lock is concerned, you will probably need a specific AL-KO lock whose "Lozenge" has been designed to fit into the spaces in your caravan's wheel. If you provide your caravan make, model and year, it will be easy to identify which model you require. There are also non AL-KO locks which use the receiver (https://www.towsure.com/fullstop-excalibur-alko-receiver-wheel-clamp) for example. Using levelling ramps and AL-KO wheel locks together can be a real challenge!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Once you know the wheel type of your caravan the Alko site will give you details of the appropriate lozenge. You can often buy lozenges from EBay or the CMHC classifieds. If you buy used make sure the keys and lock have been deregistered with Alko or were not registered in the first place. Registering allows you to buy spare keys should you lose any. It will also allow you obtain support should the lock not come off (rare).

There are similar locks to Alko but I thought Alko patents prevented them being sold if they used the Alko receiver. But Purple Line Excalibur's can be used with the factory Alko receiver. But they are easier to fit if not using factory receiver. I draw the line at having to jack up the caravan on site to fit the Alko if required. I rarely if ever use the Alko when on site especially if you need to have the van on a leveller. But I carry it with me just in case the van has to be left unattended and unhitched from the car.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am with OC on this whilst on site unless the wheel lines up, I don't use the Alko. THE Excalibur would be a good lock as you have a large wheel window area to fit the lock.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having looked at the Thule ramps, the stepped shape means the next highest step is effectively a chock, and provided the highest part of the ramp points down any slope, the wheel should be pretty stable without additional chocks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts