Tiny site with views in Dorset, please.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi all.

I would be most grateful if someone could suggest a suitable site for our break in October. We usually use CLs / CSs but consider other small sites as well. We like very quiet, uncrowded sites with rural views and possibly a small pub that does good food within a mile or two's walk. We like to have an electric hookup but require no other facilities. We are looking to visit the South West part of Dorset between Dorchester and Lyme Regis. If anyone knows of a suitable site, please let me know.

Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a CC 5 van site at a Farm Shop at Bridport. It is an easy stroll into Bridport for the Saturday market. a bit expensive at

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with my namesake - a very nice CL at Washingpool farm. The only - very monor - criticism when we were there was that the water pressure to the drinking water tap was very low and took an age to fill the container and I was forced to drink my whisky neat.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Agree with my namesake - a very nice CL at Washingpool farm. The only - very monor - criticism when we were there was that the water pressure to the drinking water tap was very low and took an age to fill the container and I was forced to drink my whisky neat.
Good god man you don't put English water in the amber nectar...

Mrs Mothy CL 2 miles outside Weymouth, Mouse Cottage highly recomend it all facilities including laundry showers check available pitch website

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I would recommend the CL at Goldcombe Farm, Blagdon Hill, Winterbourne St Martin. It is entered under Weymouth in the 2009/10 CC sites directory, but is now entered under Dorchester on the CC website. It is SW of Dorchester, off the road leading up to the Hardy Monument on top of the downs. It has excellent views to the east across the northern slopes of the downs. Adjacent walking is great. The nearest pub will be 1-2 miles away down in Winterbourne Martin - I can't comment on its quality.

Cheers

Paul

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We have looked at Washingpool farm but it seems to book up the year before with returnees. However we quite like the Winterbourne St Martin area, so that is a possibility. It would be nice to know if the views were good though. I can cope with no views if its only for one night, but if we are staying for a few, its nice to get back at the end of a days cycling and relax with a nice view to make it so much more pleasurable. Don't you agree?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts