Tips for Selling my Caravan

I am very sad to say I have to sell my caravan as my circumstances have drastically changed and I can no longer keep it. Has anyone any tips for selling, like whether I should sell it privately or to a dealer or on the internet, how I can find out how much it is worth, and if I do sell to privately, how can I guarentee their cheque, or should I take cash???

Also is there any experts out there who could roughly tell me its value. 2003 Burstner, fixed bed, Ventana ts500???!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I recently had my van (lunar lexon with fixed bed) for sale with caravanfinder.co.uk for about 10 weeks, and with autotrader for 2 weeks. Sold it through autotrader the day before I was due to trade it in! I think sometimes it's just a matter of the right people looking for your type of van at the right time!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michelle......i have a glasses guide for caravans at work i'll look up the trade in and retail values for your van tomorrow morning and post back tomorrow evening.The Burstner is a great van don't think you'll have any trouble selling it.

Mike.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Michelle, I'm also thinking of selling my 1994 Bailey Beachcomber (2berth) but I'm finding it impossible to find a vaulation. I can't find any for sale on the internet so have nothing to compare it with. I had thought of ringing a dealer to see if they could give me a guide price then I heard at the weekend that the Caravan Club will give a valuation for a charge of

Thanks everyone for your tips, thanks Mike, awaiting your answer. It will be a very sad day when I sell it, but I am looking forward to one last holiday in it this summer. Things change and I have to move on.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
If your buyer chooses to pay buy cheque, you need to let the funds clear before you hand over the caravan. Cash is better, but some buyers won't buy with cash if it's a high quantity. The best bet I have found is a bankers draft. The buyer gets it made out to you for the correct amount, the bank guarantees it so you can release the caravan the same day. Your purchaser will have to pay for a draft, but it's normally only about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts