Tired out!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Tough day at the office? These guys were on the last plane back to the U.K. after evacuating over 14,500 people during the Kabul Airlift.

Not all heroes wear capes!

I love the shared seat belt.

C72FEEF2-0A7B-4443-9200-04A07B3921F7.jpeg
John

Reactions: Thingy

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It was never for nothing. Heroism, self sacrifice and bravery are never for nothing. OK, the objective of ending the Taliban was not met and could never have been achieved. But every death and drop of blood shed demonstrated the highest form of human endeavour and the outcome has no bearing on it.
My heart goes out to the families of all who died, and to every one injured, physically and mentally by it all; for their sake we cannot ever conceive that their sacrifice was a “waste.”
The whole plan was deeply flawed, but Lions led by Donkeys does not make them any less Lions.
mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The only country to win a war against terrorism was the UK and that was in Malaya many years ago. No other country has been successful against terrorism!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It was never for nothing. Heroism, self sacrifice and bravery are never for nothing. OK, the objective of ending the Taliban was not met and could never have been achieved. But every death and drop of blood shed demonstrated the highest form of human endeavour and the outcome has no bearing on it.
My heart goes out to the families of all who died, and to every one injured, physically and mentally by it all; for their sake we cannot ever conceive that their sacrifice was a “waste.”
The whole plan was deeply flawed, but Lions led by Donkeys does not make them any less Lions.
mel
Well said Mel! 👏

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts