To All CC Members Part 2

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz,

I only use CC sites within the Uk, I have had to on several occasions cancell my reservation half way through a stay, each time i have been refunded the days that I have cancelled.

The last occasion was at Clumber park where we had payed for 10 nights, unfortunately we had to leave after 3 nights due to our dog having a accident within the forest, we had a refund for the 7 nights.

Roy

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz.

I can only relate to CC sites regarding your query, but if you were to book for a long stay on a site of which you will pay in full on arrival and be unlucky to have the neighbours from hell next door then the only option you would have is to inform the wardens who would have to either ask the offenders to respect the other site users or be asked to leave. If the offenders ignored the warning then you would be entitled to either move to a vacant pitch elsewhere on the site or be entitled to a refund for the unused nights should you wish to leave.

I don't think that on anyone would argue against that point.

Tom

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz,

I only use CC sites within the Uk, I have had to on several occasions cancell my reservation half way through a stay, each time i have been refunded the days that I have cancelled.

The last occasion was at Clumber park where we had payed for 10 nights, unfortunately we had to leave after 3 nights due to our dog having a accident within the forest, we had a refund for the 7 nights.

Roy
Lutz,

Forgot to input the word full in front of refund

Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tom, this might be the case on a club site (of either persuasion), although even then I think it would not be an automatic, legally enforceable right. I certainly would not fancy my chances of winning this argument on many commercial sites!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
If the neighbours had broken any site rules and the site had not acted according to its own guidlines then you would be able to claim unused nights back

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
In a particular case in question, upon arrival at a site we were directed to the only vacant pitch and that was directly under a tree. Not only was noise of the raindrops from the branches of the tree on to the roof of the caravan during the night unbearable but we were also unable to get any satellite reception because the tree was in the way. I couldn't really make the site responsible for either of these annoyances but on the other hand they spoilt our stay so much that we felt it would be better to leave. I suspect I'd have a hard time trying to recover any unused advance payment under such circumstances and that is why I never book ahead.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was told that if you wish to reduce your stay on a Caravan Club site, so long as you cancel before 12 noon, you get a full refund for the 'unused' days.

We have done this a couple of times at the end of a holiday where we have cut short our stay due to bad weather.

Regards

Ken

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We have also left CC sites before the end of our booked stay, and been pleased to receive full refund for unused nights, no questions asked. Sometimes the site, for whatever reason is just not what one expected or is unsuitable in some way, and the beauty of caravanning is that you can just move somewhere else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts