To All CC Members

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann, I do not confess to understanding the workings of the CC.[I am a member of both clubs, support both of their site and alternate each year between them when I go abroad].

It has been previously mentioned that they had a deposit system but this didn't deter people from booking more than one site. The answer to that is to make the deposit significant, and perhaps full payment in advance at peak times.

The CC is a club and I would like to think that they take notice of memebers views but of course what I want may not be what the majority want.

I wonder how much they actually loose by having vacant pitches?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
We suffered the situation of finding quite a few first choice sites fully booked at the most popular times of year and it was only when getting to know a couple of wardens that the situation becomes clearer.

Firstly the CC deliberately as stated above doesn't place all its availability on-line. It doesn't do this to be awkward but is a policy set to ensure that customers get a good pitch and don't have to settle for a pitch that may be unserviceable or undergoing maintenance.

Secondly the amount No-shows is actually relatively static it's purely that demand has grown quicker than new sites coming on stream and so the chances of you finding a fully booked site are greater.

Thirdly some of the wardens like the trust element as they don't have to deal with all the paperwork concerning the withholding of deposits which is what the postal system forces them to do.

As stated above may be a record of those who abuse the system should be held on file. But where does the acceptable cut off point stop at - one month - a fortnight, a weeks notice ???

Regards Monkeys Husband

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Anne

In what way do you think the CC is making a pigs ear of it, I assume you mean the bookings.

Overall you have to admit that the phone service alone which is available to all members is second to none, you can get any advice from towing/noseweights to foreign travel.

Tom

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Yes, Tom, I was referring to the booking system. Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly difficult to book site pitches either by the web or telephone. Everywhere seems to be prebooked by early March. I recently spent 3 hours trying to obtain sites available for our weekends/holidays. Then you find that many people who prebook don't bother to turn up. They don't even have the decency to telephone with a cancellation. OK - Rant over!!! Back to a lovely cup of coffee to calm the nerves!!!

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
Anyone making a booking with the CC should be asked for a credit card number and then charged for the first night if they don't turn up or cancel. It works for the big hotel chains.

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
I agree with charging non-refundable deposits - even the full fee in advance........anything to prevent vacant pitches when there are loads of CC members unable to get in.....

It's really frustrating - and getting worse - with the CC. Everywhere I try is fully booked. They're gonna lose members quickly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts