To fix or not to fix ?

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I currently have an Avondale Rialto and to say i have enjoyed my first 12 months of caravanning, is an understatement.

I have been thinking about buying a new larger caravan but after a week in Norfolk, my fridge has packed up. I have tried both mains and gas, but it doesn't seem to want to cool.

The question is, do i get a new fridge fitted before i trade it in or do i trade it in and report the fault to the dealer?

If anyone has any views on which would be most cost effective, i would appreciate them.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Michael,

Would it be worth your while if a fridge engineer had a look at it and gave you an idea of price for fixing it?

I suppose it will depend on how old the unit is.

Just a thought.

Maureen

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Michael,

Would it be worth your while if a fridge engineer had a look at it and gave you an idea of price for fixing it?

I suppose it will depend on how old the unit is.

Just a thought.

Maureen
Thanks Maureen.

The van is a 2002 model.

A mobile caravan engineer is having a look at it on Thursday, so i will know what the damage will be then.

Regards, Mike

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If I was trading in for a new van I'd wait until he gave me some figures and then mention it. I think you will find it will not make any difference. When the second hand vans are taken in they are either resold as seen or if it's a newer model like yours they will check it over and fix any faults.

We damaged our cupboard top because we forgot to put a torch away and it fell making a large dent. When pointing it out to the salesman he just said" I never saw it".

Apr 20, 2007
Visit site
Say nothing they check the vans over anyway, besides that the dealer will make a healthy profit on van to cover the cost of fixing the fridge so dont panic Mr Manering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts