Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I'm new to caravaning and myself and my partner have just bought our first caravan, Bailey Senator 6 series; we are really excited to get started and have been out buying all sorts for the caravan. I'v already been told that you can't use a standard kettle, but could any one offer any advice to whether you can use toasters!! Would be grateful for any advice offered.

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
From camping shops you can buy these wigwam like stands that you put you bread on over the gas ring and it acts just like the grill at home for cooking toast. Our toaster used to trip the EHU when it popped so we didnt bother afterwards.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
We bought a caravan toaster (2 slice) rated at 750w. It toasts pretty well and is as fast as the gas grill. Not had problems using on site, even on a lowly 6amp supply in France.

Cheers

David

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Just be careful where you use it,we once used it under the curtains and our van caught fire with the dog inside,after that it was a hot dog van!!
Hi Phil, thanks for the advice; hope you had insurance and the dog escaped!! :). Really appreciate the tip.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
hi there we use a cheap toaster with no problems and a caravan kettle which does take longer than normal to boil but the first thing i do when we get to the site is put the kettle on and by the time i have finished the first job it has boiled and ready to make a cuppa. enjoy caravaning it is great and you meet great poeple as well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts