Toddler Bedding Arrangements

May 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

My wife and I have a 15 month baby and are looking to go away in our caravan.

It is not practical to take a big travel cot with us and he will probably be more or less in a bed by then.

Our caravan has twin double bunks at the back - is there a DIY fix or accessory we can purchase which will turn this into a suitable 'cot' type area.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Richard

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Richard

Cud you use a bed rail.

We use one to stop our son for falling out of the bottom bunk. You mite need two.

(Argos page 1488) Tomy Folding Soft Bed Rail (cat no 375/3701)

I hop that will work for you.

Happy caravanning.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard - an alternative to bed rails would be the netting used in motorhomes for the over cab beds. These are made from flexible plastic netting and are fixed to the timber at high level by coat hoaks - way out of the reach of a baby. Call at an accessory shop and you should find them. They are very easy to fix and remove and also far easier to reach over should the beby need attention.

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to adapt colins idea to answer my query, which is how to stop a 3 year old falling out of the hammock bed. I cant quite picture the netting, nor how it fixes, or how to rig it up. Any suggestions? (see also my thread on the hammock bed).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used a plastic folding bedguard that slotted under the mattress or seat cusions when our boy was small. This also works as a guard on the bunk. Cant remember where we got it but it must have been Argos or Mothercare or somewhere like that. This was also easily removed for the daytime and folded up to fit under the seats out ofothe way.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
On the subject of caravanning with babies/toddlers we are due to make our first trip away at Easter with twins who will be 21 months when we travel. I have read about the bed guards which I think we will use, but I am stressing over where they will sit at mealtimes as there is not enough room for two highchairs and I don't think it will be warm enough for them to eat outside. Anyone got any ideas? Thankyou Denise.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm really guessing here - it's a long time since I had young kids, but what about those car booster seats?

Would you be able to then sit one child on a booster seat at the table beside an adult for supervision. I'm not sure whether it would then bring them up high enough, perhaps a cushion as well.

Just a thought!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts