Toilet Cleaning

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Okay another idiot newbie question. We get our new van next week and are very excited:) We have to do an induction when we pick it.up so this may be covered bit.just in case there's a specific product I need to buy

We have the 2 chemicals for the loo bit no idea how long they last/how much we'll go through. On top of that I wasn't sure what to use to clean the loo bowl (since combinations of chemicals can cause weird reactions!) Didn't want everything bubbling back up if I used bleach:)

So what do I use to clean the bowl and how long will chemicals last (roughly).

Thanks again:)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Never use the pink stuff as it seems to leave black bits in the system.
If you have an Aldi nearby they do a cheap toilet fluid when they have their camping specials on. I would not worry about running out though, if you do the site will usually sell it, so you are always covered, possibly a bit more expensive but not a lot more..

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We use the Aquachem blue sachets, much lighter to carry, easier to handle and no danger of a spillage. Like others, we dont use the pink stuff, for the same reason, black algae or whatever it is.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use Onechem, or sometime called Unochem. Quite economic as it has an inbuilt measure. It’s suitable to flush and cassette and organic.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
As the bathroom fixtures are plastic, bleach may cause damage. Thetford will flog you a plastic cleaning spray:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ZJ46BA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_glJMCb42S9NPM

I was given some generic Waste tank Blue liquid and Flush Tank Pink when I purchased the caravan but I had to get some Non-Formaldehyde based waste tank fluid for a site with a Septic Tank. I purchased Elsan Organic which is green and can be used in waste and flush tanks. I personally find it much more pleasant to use than Blue versions.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Aldi was mentioned in the thread above. Its Blue Diamond at a very affordable price and has a pleasant smell. I have used
it for some years now since I find from one product the black algi that forms in flush tank.Every body has a different opinions on the toilet products .Blue Diamond you will need to add 2 ltrs of water to your waste tank with 75 ml of blue I think most are the same also 75 ml of pink to your flush. How long they last depends on how many away days and weeks you have .
Sir Roger .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I tend to prefer Elsen "Double" Blue and Pink, but for cleaning the bowl, the boss uses Thetfords own toilets bowl cleaner and a small toilet brush. [ :sick:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts