Tom Tom One

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, just bought a Tom Tom one, its great!

My question is, i have seen on e-bay downloads for speed cameras, points of interest, etc, also some sellers have caravan club sites! has anyone any experience of these? and are they safe to put on my Tom Tom one?

Thank you for any help, Andrew.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, do NOT buy from ebay,all the things you list are avaialable free elsewher.

For speed cameras, go to : Pocketgps.co.uk, get the current camera lacations free this time, but they are starting to charge from now on, at

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, further to my last reply, checkout : poihandler.com

Jollyinteresting.co.uk and poihandler are both free to use.

Pocketgps cameras are free right now, but not for long

All the Ebay stuff is copies of the free stuff, and may well be corrupted, as well as illegal to sell on.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, further to my last reply, checkout : poihandler.com

Jollyinteresting.co.uk and poihandler are both free to use.

Pocketgps cameras are free right now, but not for long

All the Ebay stuff is copies of the free stuff, and may well be corrupted, as well as illegal to sell on.
Hi Damian, thank you very much for your help, its a mine field out there!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Damian, thank you very much for your help, its a mine field out there!
Andrew, the Expansys site, and especially the forum site is a great place to get all you need to know about the various GPS systems.

http://www.expansys.com/forumoverview.asp
To add more things to your TomTom, you wil undoubtedly need a bigger SD card, the 512 card is big enough for most things, but of course, if you download all the poi handler stuff, better look at 1 or 2 gb card.

TomToms seem to be selective of which make of card they like, so take care when buying, again, the info is on the expansys site as which are best.

TRENDING THREADS