tomtom go sat nav

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi everybody i wonder if any of you can help it may be that i am just being thick i have just got a tom tom go sat nav i have down loaded the maps of europe but when i put sd car in it comes up with a red cross is that because i am in the uk and the satalite is picking up a wrong card? any help would be appreciated as we bought espsecially for france and spain were we are going next month cheers pete

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, the TomTom will not show european maps whilst you are still in the UK!!

It works on GPS position, so cannot show places like France until you get there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, the TomTom will not show european maps whilst you are still in the UK!!

It works on GPS position, so cannot show places like France until you get there.
hi damian i wondered if that was the case thanks for conformation it looks to be a very usefull bit of kit thanks again happy tugging

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is not because you are in the "wrong" country.

It is more likely that you haven't registered the European maps by visiting www.ttcode.com/
hi rod yes you are right went round to p c world and they sorted it for me its fine now

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete

I am also thinking about getting a Sat Nav system and want to be able to use it in Europe.

Would you (or any other readers) recommend the TOMTomGo, or does anyone else think another system is better?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete

I am also thinking about getting a Sat Nav system and want to be able to use it in Europe.

Would you (or any other readers) recommend the TOMTomGo, or does anyone else think another system is better?
Yes! Yes! Yes! all the way - literally. Brilliant bit of kit, ned I Go on. Have loaded all European roads etc and now just waiting for supposedly update including Czech Republic, Slovenia etc. Bit pricey maybe but what the hell.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete

I have Tomtom navigator 3 that I use with a PDA well worth the money if you travel a lot. Try looking at http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/, this site has all the info on GPS systems and there's a forum so you can either ask questions or just view comments

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts