Top Gear caravan farce

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
The C&CC were conned by the beeb as this statement from them shows

Top Gear asked to use Moreton Site as a backdrop to a feature they intended to air on Caravanning. We agreed as long as they adhered to Club policies, a fact which was mentioned in the programme.

The items in the feature which included the destruction of a caravan and similar potentially dangerous actions, were not filmed on site and we were not aware that they were going to take place.

The Club promotes safer caravanning and has a number of site rules to ensure the safety of all campers, for example positioning all camping vehicles 6m apart to help prevent the spread of fire in the unlikely event that this should occur, additionally this spacing is designed to ensure that people have plenty of space in which to manoeuvre vehicles safely. The Club also prides itself on providing assistance in the pitching all vehicles individually and safely.

There are around

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Rich, it was you who brought it back to the top ??. just for the record i also did not find the clip funny i thought it was just another bit of cheap tv by the bbc at others expense, clarkson in my eyes is a total t*****.

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Rich ; I couldn't agree more. Why people are getting upset about caravanning when we are happy to sit back and have our religion (e.g. Christianity) laughed at daily; our culuture and our values eroded - all without a word of protest. And yet, because Clarkson makes a comical clip about a caravan holiday, we all get heated ... very starnge. As you say Rich; time to drop it !

John

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rich, it was you who brought it back to the top ??. just for the record i also did not find the clip funny i thought it was just another bit of cheap tv by the bbc at others expense, clarkson in my eyes is a total t*****.
Couldn't agree more Icemaker, and thats nothing to do with caravan sketch. He's a self appointed icon who believes he has God like qualities and is full of his own importance. Saying that some do think he's a God, thats the sad part though :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rich ; I couldn't agree more. Why people are getting upset about caravanning when we are happy to sit back and have our religion (e.g. Christianity) laughed at daily; our culuture and our values eroded - all without a word of protest. And yet, because Clarkson makes a comical clip about a caravan holiday, we all get heated ... very starnge. As you say Rich; time to drop it !

John
John what some need to understand is that all the people who didnt like it aren't neccessarily upset because it was about caravanning. People can extract the urine out of me or my interests as much as they like, it bothers me not one jot, if they were funny I would laugh with them. The whole thing is on the play of the word "comical" or "comedy". I might be showing my age now but I put that sketch on the level of Mick and Montmorency or Charlie Drake. If I found it funny o.k. but like others I didn't. We all have different levels of what we think is humourous. Maybe if that sketch was done more professionally with real comedians it might have been funnier but Clarkson is no comedian, neither are his cohorts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts