Torbay, Devon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We want to visit the Torbay area of Devon in July/August and we are looking for a site with plenty of facilities to keep both 5 & 11 year old children happy.

Does anyone have any experience of the Hoburne-Torbay site in Paignton, as this seems to fit our requirements?

Thanks in advance, Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon - My wife and I visited this site a few years ago and found it quite reasonable except for the fact that it is tiered and we were sited on the top tier furthest away from the amenities - fair enough someone has to be sited up there but it was a long up hill walk from the amenities in the evening. We had to carry the grandchildren.

An excellent site for children of your age would be Beverly Park as this site has facilities for both wet and dry days, The children would never be bored there. It is also very claen there. The only downside is it tends to be expensive during school holidays and also it is further from the beach.

Another good site with very clean amenities but not having the same amount of facilities for children - only outdoor play equipment and swimming pool is Widend at Marldon. This is a smaller family run site and is very well run. It is approx. halfway between Torquay and Paignton and central also for Newton Abbot or Totness. However site fees here are far cheaper than either Hoburne or Beverly Park. My wife and I visit this site at least once a year if not more.

Good luck in your quest and enjoy your holiday.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon - My wife and I visited this site a few years ago and found it quite reasonable except for the fact that it is tiered and we were sited on the top tier furthest away from the amenities - fair enough someone has to be sited up there but it was a long up hill walk from the amenities in the evening. We had to carry the grandchildren.

An excellent site for children of your age would be Beverly Park as this site has facilities for both wet and dry days, The children would never be bored there. It is also very claen there. The only downside is it tends to be expensive during school holidays and also it is further from the beach.

Another good site with very clean amenities but not having the same amount of facilities for children - only outdoor play equipment and swimming pool is Widend at Marldon. This is a smaller family run site and is very well run. It is approx. halfway between Torquay and Paignton and central also for Newton Abbot or Totness. However site fees here are far cheaper than either Hoburne or Beverly Park. My wife and I visit this site at least once a year if not more.

Good luck in your quest and enjoy your holiday.
Thanks for your help Colin. Decided to book the Hoburne site. Beverly Park looks nice but does seem quite pricey and Widend doesn't quite have enough on it for our main holiday. Thanks again.

Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts