torquay area

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are going to south devon for the 7th year and wondered if anyone could suggest some new places to visit. we have covered torquay,paignton and zoo,brixham,lands end,exeter,dartmoor,and dartmouth also the railway,dawlish and the warren,

suggestions please,2 adults no kids with us now

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I live in Devon, but it looks like you've visited a lot of the places I was gonna mention!

What about the south hams....from Dartmouth down the coast to Plymouth...taking in Slapton, Kingsbridge, Salcombe. You could then go onwards to Plymouth, do the Torpoint ferry over to Cornwall and then do the peninsula down to Looe and back around via the Tamar Bridge.

Another one is to maybe come up the coast and do Sidmouth and Seaton, there is a old tramway that goes Seaton to Sidmouth (I think)....good beaches around this area would be Branscombe, Beer and Lyme Regis (all pebbley)...lots of nice eating out places.

Bicton Gardens is out this way, another nice place to visit is Killerton House about 10 mins from Exeter, if you are visiting soon there is a festival and they are having some open air concerts held there in the grounds with fireworks.

More suggestions -

Powderham Castle near Starcross/Dawlish

Castle Drogo near Drewsteignton - (very pretty area)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah,

My daughter and family came back yesterday after two brilliant weeks just outside Dartmouth.They were in self catering accomodation which was of a very high standard,the weather was perfect and of course .......they flew Fly Be from Glasgow to Exeter.The kids had a ball,so every one has come back happy.

We are due to visit the same area in Sept.so really looking forward to it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kathryn as it is now just you and your husband have you stayed at Widend Caravan site at Marldon. It is a quiet site but spotless. There is a shop, club house, part time take away and outdoor swimming pool on site but it is not a *kiss me quick* type of site - the clubhouse is there for a quiet drink and not entertainment. We go there every year and have yet to find fault with it. It is also very reasonable for fees. It is central between Torquay and Paignton.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Sarah,

My daughter and family came back yesterday after two brilliant weeks just outside Dartmouth.They were in self catering accomodation which was of a very high standard,the weather was perfect and of course .......they flew Fly Be from Glasgow to Exeter.The kids had a ball,so every one has come back happy.

We are due to visit the same area in Sept.so really looking forward to it.
Glad they had a great time Maureen, they were so lucky with this lovely weather. They stayed in a great area, I really love Dartmouth. Glad everything with their flight was ok, we dont really get many delays in the summer, its mainly fog in the Winter.

Hope you have a great time in September.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts