Total shoulder joint replacement

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would think that you would be unable to drive for probably 3 months? At least the weather should be warm when you can go out again. (y) :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Crikey, that's a surprise, hope it all goes well, had my second eye op last Friday, but it sees like it didn't work as planned, so back again next Friday for another inspection and possibly a different procedure. So we will not be out until at least June now.
Keep us informed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Surgeon says a sling for three weeks so I will give the wheel a miss. Thereafter normal service is resumed from 6-12 months😥
Arthritis runs on my mums side . They all lived into their late 80s mid 90s.
That’s this year messed up

• Sad
Reactions: Buckman and Hutch
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Going back few years on discharge wife came to pick me up in car, problem it was getting dark and she does not like driving at night , so drove home with no problem. Car had dsg box and nothing stands out if I had problems.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Going back few years on discharge wife came to pick me up in car, problem it was getting dark and she does not like driving at night , so drove home with no problem. Car had dsg box and nothing stands out if I had problems.
Having to do similar with my detached retina, St, Thomas's in London ask " who is picking you up" oh my son, but can't get here until 6.30. pm. I will meet him down stairs in the pharmacy. . Oh ok, no problem.
Then the next time he did meet me the same nurse said, oh I will wait for your son to meet you. They left me at Waterloo station.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Having to do similar with my detached retina, St, Thomas's in London ask " who is picking you up" oh my son, but can't get here until 6.30. pm. I will meet him down stairs in the pharmacy. . Oh ok, no problem.
Then the next time he did meet me the same nurse said, oh I will wait for your son to meet you. They left me at Waterloo station.
That brought back another memory, this time nurse came right down to receptiom to get me a taxi where as I was going to get the bus, taxi won.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Had one fitted about 12 years ago. you have to be careful with it for a few weeks but otherwise fine, certainly no lifting. Can not remember how long before driving but not many weeks. Have done 10s of thousands mile since no problem. Could do with the other one doing now though. Count so far, 2 knees and one shoulder. Arthritis !!!

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts