TOURING 5 COUNTIES

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have finaly got around to putting pics. and doing touring map of our month away - it is a bit longer than I thought it would be over 2,000 words. Giving reviews of each site we stayed at , some very good, some not so good, also places that we visited. Is it ok to post on this forum - or would parkie or nigel like to edit it first. Carol .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Carole
Of course we greatly value written contributions from our fellow forum members and you are more than welcome to post it but the effort that you have made deserves a wider audience.
Have you considered starting a blog ( internet shorthand for web log) which is a kind of internet based diary which would adequately host your notes, maps and pictures?
A blog is easy to create, there are free websites which will show how to start a blog and which will act as a free host.
A blog site that is often recommended is Wordpress
You could then add a forum post containing a link to your blog and also create a forum signature link to your blog which would appear on all of your forum posts.
You can add more to a blog whenever you like, one or two of our members already have successful and interesting blogs including 'Klyne', 'Dianne' and 'Shirker' amongst others.
It seems a shame to edit something that you have taken the time and trouble to create when you can add to it as time goes by.
Either way we will look forward to reading about your 5 counties tour and don't forget that our Haymarket stablemate Caravan Sitefinder accepts caravan site reviews and there are cash incentives for submitting them for inclusion on the Sitefinder website and for possible inclusion in Practical Caravan magazine

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Carol,
You may also want to consider sending it in to us for possible publication. We always consider new material for our 'Getaways' section.
If this is something you would be interested in doing then drop our travel editor Claudia Dowell a line, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. Her email is simply claudia@practicalcaravan.com
You'll just need to give her a brief outline of where you have been and supply a few images and some copy so she has a general idea of whether it is suitable to use.

Best of luck, Stacie

TRENDING THREADS