Touring Site, Butlins Skegness

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking about booking onto the touring site situated within Butlins in Skegness. Has anyone got any feedback on the facilities on the touring site i.e. cleanliness of shower/toilet blocks etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi me amd my family have used this site many times since we got are caravan. We used to use the chalets but don't think we will ever stay in them again due to taking your own van being fraction of the price! There are 3 sets of showers/toilets 2 are portacabin affairs and 1 is brick. They are kept clean and most picthes are only a short walk from them. All I would sugest is that you try and get a picth away from the road as these can be noisy and interfere with the tv reception. We were quite amazed by the fact that the tourers are placed nearer to the entrance to the main site (via an underpass) than the statics! Hope this helps and enjoy it if you decide to go. Darren.

our fanliy use butlins in june for the last 5 years, state on the booking form that you want to be away from the main road (roman bank ) as there had be a few annoyed campers due to yobs firing bottles at the vans , for what you pay against what there is in main season its well worth it , our tip is to use the supermarket in skegness as butlins shops are very pricy ,overall its alot cheaper than staying on the main park and quieter , sally

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have gone there for the last couple of years,and love it.toilets not great but adequate but main site and entertainment fantastic.great for kids and adults.site level and plenty of room.worth the money.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not recommended if weather poor. We went to Spring Harvest at Easter 3 years ago. After a lot of rain the site was VERY muddy. We couldn't get onto alloted site cos of muddy ground. Even when we found a drier spot (?)our awning was flooded to a depth of 6+ inches. The very basic wc disposal facilities, also, backed-up discharging sewage onto ground!!

At the end of the week loads of vans were stuck in mud.

When we complained at the time and later by letter no one was very sympathetic.!!

The site has few facillities but it is handy for the Butlins facilities. It was, also, expensive even with Butlins' facilities. I would recommend staying on another site nearby and paying to get into Butlin's facilities as a day visitor.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you go to http://www.butlinsonline.co.uk/index.cfm?channel=2585

you will find details of Butlins at Minehead caravan park.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jill,

Tim sums it up. Facilities are basic for tourers, if wet the grass is terrible - axle deep in some places. Best bet is go to the Caravan Club site up the road and get day passes if you want to go into Butlins

Neal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts