Touring sites in Wiltshire

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Do you have any favourite caravan sites in Wiltshire that I should include in my feature on the county? Anything from all-singing, all-dancing to peaceful CL/CS sites; touring parks of all sizes welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Bryony

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
A favorite site which we use a lot is Postern Hill (Camping-in-the-Forest).
It is fairly basic, with toilets but no showers. It does have EHU, although in my opinion you don't need it and the non-EHU pitch area (free pitching) is much nicer! It also has the advantage that it is one of the few sites in the area open all year. ( The toilets are closed in mid winter, so you have to be self-sufficient.)

Terrific walking in Savernake forest, and along the canal. Leisure centre nearby and of course Marlborough itself.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The CC site at Salisbury is about the only "proper" site I like.

CL's in the area, although it should come under Hampshire with the lay of the county line, is Carahilda Ltd, Stocks Lane, Landford. When we lived locally we stayed there regularly. Although sadly Hilda is no longer with us it is still family run and I feel sure there won't have been many changes.

There is also one Fordingbridge way that is an Alpaca farm.

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your tips, Martin! Did you mean the Salisbury Camping and Caravanning Club Site, out by Old Sarum? If so, I've stayed there, too, and loved being able to wander up to the ramparts!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Longleat CAMH site is worth a look. Typical club layout, well maintained and within walking distance of the House and Safari Park and if you are a club member you get a discount for there if you book on line.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
The CC site at Salisbury is about the only "proper" site I like.

CL's in the area, although it should come under Hampshire with the lay of the county line, is Carahilda Ltd, Stocks Lane, Landford. When we lived locally we stayed there regularly. Although sadly Hilda is no longer with us it is still family run and I feel sure there won't have been many changes.

There is also one Fordingbridge way that is an Alpaca farm.

No, the Caravan Club site just outside of Salisbury, on a nice steep hill and all laid out nicely in little sections.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice C&CC site near to Devizes at Seend. Pub close by, Kennet and Avon Canal for cycling/walking. Convenient for Bath, Devizes, Avebury, Bradford on Avon etc.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
We have used this at Devizes:
http://www.foxhangers.com

At the bottom of the Calne Locks, so a good walk up.

We were persuaded to change from a MH to caravan by the friends we were with.

On the Saturday afternoon, whilst the girls went shopping, the hubbies had a piss up in the Wadworths brewery, as we missed the last tour :p :p

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
KeefySher said:
We have used this at Devizes:
http://www.foxhangers.com

Thanks for that tip. It looks nice, and more my sort of site than the nearby C&CC. (Impressive website once you have realised how to access the menu !!)

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
re touring sites in Wiltshire

We recently stayed at a CL site nr Melksham, ref 1671 at Norrington Common. It is within easy distance of Laycock,The White horse and Stonehenge. There is also a bus to Bath at regular times .The owner is very helpful.and the site is very well kept. We were not disappointed. WE most certainly will go there again.

Lulubelle

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts