Tow Bars . Manufacturers own or After market?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
In the case of imported vehicles, the warranty is not a manufacturer's warranty, but one issued by the importer. The conditions applicable to such a warranty can be completely different to those that apply on the manufacturer's own home ground.

Whilst not technically correct, the importer is almost always referred to as the "manufacturer" - quite reasonable as the importer is owned by the manufacturer in most cases and relies on the actual manufacturer's support to service warranty claims.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When our towbar was fitted, 2014 Sante Fe, as ordered new. It was fitted by the dealer, wrongly. I specified for towing a caravan and with alko compatable tow hitch.
It came with a Witter towbar not suitable, the earthing was wrong , I complained but Hyundai and Witter back tracked. As an engineer , I tend to check things that are fitted to my car or to my house. I look at their tool boxes and see what type of tools they use.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Slightly of track , but if you take your car into a kwick fit Center to have tracking done , you can watch it on their screens whilst waiting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts