Tow car Ford 'Kuga'

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Love mine to bits :) towing a 1300kg van I get approx 45-50mpg solo,and 26-29 mpg towing. Only thing I would say is if you get one and you sort a towbar,ONLY GET GENUINE DEDICATED WIRING as mine came fitted as I bought second hand,has normal chocked into loom wiring,so when backing up with the van the reverse sensors are noisy as,can't here the wife barking at me that I need to be 2" to the side :whistle:
P.s mine has a max towing weight of 1600kg,but think the newer ones have 1800? If that helps/makes a difference.

Reactions: mossy
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
camel said:

Think Craig tows with this model and he seems very pleased. Guess he will reply when available.

Correct . At work so catching up !
Ours is the 2wd 15o 2.o tdi . Cracking towing car , plenty off ooomf and pulling power , think ours can pull 19oo kg , AWD can pull a bit more , we have just returned from 2ooo miles driving from France , can't complain at all . Our van weighs 1542 .
Good tow car with plenty off power .
( mine is in me profile )

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
camel said:
Thanks for the replies its the 150psi engine that appeals to me not going for a 4x4 just the 2wd,

As you can see from the guys on here that have them already the car tows well , when mine is fully loaded and hooked up it doesn't even look like the caravan is on the back . :)

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Chromedome73 said:
I'm probably looking to get a Kuga as my next car (currently BMW 320d Est 2007)

What are peoples thoughts on the higher output (180?) & automatic?

Cheers

Yeah, if I'd had another go I'd probably have gone for the 180 4x4. As for auto, they're "Powershift" boxes - electronically controlled dual clutch jobbies. There is a lot of info on the gearboxes (by searching) on the Kuga Forum here:

https://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/
The gearboxes changed ( as I recall )to better internals in 2017, so if it's a newer car then go for it. You do need to ensure the gearbox has its oil and filter changed religiously at 36,000 or 3 years to maintain it in top condition. Ford dealers won't do that as part of normal service and you have to book it in specifically.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here , you shouldn't have any problem with the 180 power as ours is a 150 and fine with plenty off power , if I was to upgrade I'd probably go for the 4x4 version also or maybe the Ford Edge . All in all the Kuga is a good towing vehicle.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
As you can see from the guys on here that have them already the car tows well , when mine is fully loaded and hooked up it doesn't even look like the caravan is on the back . :)

Finally collected my 2016 plate Kuga today more poke under the bonnet than the Qashqai can't wait to get the caravan behind it,

Reactions: Guzzilazz
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Today was the first time I had the Kuga on the caravan to bring it home to prepare for our first trip, I live at the top of a half mile hill and I had to stop for traffic coming down, when I pulled away in first gear it just pulled away by just letting the clutch in very impressed, Nissan get you act together by putting a descent engine in the qashqai,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts