tow hitch

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the problem im having is that when your hitching up or un coupling, 9 times out of 10 I have to pull up and hold the hitch lever ( I presume thats what its called ) while connecting caravan or un connecting, , to explain better instead of pulling up lever till it clicks then as soon as its lowered onto tow ball it clicks and shoots down, green ring shows ok, I have to hold it up with one hand while lowering jocky onto ball, the same appllies while un hitching I have to hold up lever while windingdown jocky, sometimes it works fine you lift it up n it stays up while winding down jwheel, but its getging a bit of a pain now any ideas, im not talking about the stabiliser, but the actual blsck lever which should click up n stay up until locked onto ball, is there a spring or something I can adjust, as I say its very intermittent,

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Smurff said:
Hi, the problem im having is that when your hitching up or un coupling, 9 times out of 10 I have to pull up and hold the hitch lever ( I presume thats what its called ) while connecting caravan or un connecting, , to explain better instead of pulling up lever till it clicks then as soon as its lowered onto tow ball it clicks and shoots down, green ring shows ok, I have to hold it up with one hand while lowering jocky onto ball, the same appllies while un hitching I have to hold up lever while windingdown jocky, sometimes it works fine you lift it up n it stays up while winding down jwheel, but its getging a bit of a pain now any ideas, im not talking about the stabiliser, but the actual blsck lever which should click up n stay up until locked onto ball, is there a spring or something I can adjust, as I say its very intermittent,
Could i ask which hitch it is, alko 3004 stabiliser or normal hitch

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
I always have to pull the lever up, it has never 'stayed up' on any van I've had. Maybe they have all been set up wrong? I just get the hitch over the ball, lower it until it touches, pull the lever up and lower again until it drops in and the button pops up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts