Towing course

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Iain,

I went on a one day CC course 2 or 3 years ago.

Not only did I learn an awful lot but the day was great fun.

The instructor was very good and we all left feeling much more confident with the dreaded reversing as well as picking up all sorts of tips.

If you insure your van through the CC you also get an extra 5%discount.

They are usually booked well in advance and so you may have a long wait but it is well worth it.

Clarky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian,

Not getting a lot of replies on this one it seems,

The CC&C coures are very highly recomended by any one that has been on one, so give it a try, It is a one day course, where as the CC is one & half days I beleive?

Good luck

Jim M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I went on a caravan towing course in 1967 at R A F Gatow in Berlin and have towed every year since then

I recently (last week) took out caravan insurance with CC but the "course" box was not ticked when I got the paper work !!

Obviously 40 years of towing do not count as much as a CC 2 day course in the kudos stakes !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't hesitate to book yourself on at the first opportunity. I was new to caravanning last year and booked onto both the CC and the C&CC one day courses. Both were absolutely invaluable and enabled me to drive onto our first site.... look at the pitch, run through the procedure in my mind and then back straight on in one.

Out of the two courses I would have said the C&CC course was the better, but that was in my area (Sussex). If nothing else it will make you fully aware of any problems you may encounter and gives you the confidence to have a go.

GrahamF

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Having checked their details, the towing courses run by the CC and the CC&C are both suitable for novices or inexperienced caravanners. As you have to be a member to book the course, choose which club suits you best.

If you are an advanced driver, or thinking of becoming one, choose the CC&C course as their course, and no other, is a pre-requisite for the advanced towing test.

Most experienced caravanners think we "know it all" so don't bother with a course but I'm sure that all of us, without any exceptions, would learn from one of these courses.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Knowing it all is something one does as a teenager.

As you get older you forget more than you ever knew.

No doubt it would be beneficial to have a refresher course but experience does count for something

Maybe even more than a two day course

Who knows??

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
the course will give you the knowledge of how to do things how you apply it afterwards is down to experience.

I have been towing different things for years, but the wife and I will be going on one later this year anyway

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm not decrying towing courses or the CC

My original posting was more that the CC had given no credence to a towing course that was not CC organised and was then followed by continuous experience in towing throughout Europe for too many years !!

It can only be a good thing to go on a course but the CC do not have the monopoly of expertise in organising courses.

Surely a person with years of experience and say army tuition should merit a tick in the "course attended box"

But it is surely better to go on a course and if its the CC one you can get your box ticked as well.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm not decrying towing courses or the CC

My original posting was more that the CC had given no credence to a towing course that was not CC organised and was then followed by continuous experience in towing throughout Europe for too many years !!

It can only be a good thing to go on a course but the CC do not have the monopoly of expertise in organising courses.

Surely a person with years of experience and say army tuition should merit a tick in the "course attended box"

But it is surely better to go on a course and if its the CC one you can get your box ticked as well.
John

My post was not negative to your comment, I agree that nothing can replace experience. But having done many courses on many things I have found that getting a grounding in somthing is better than trying to start to teach yourself. More of a head start for beginers. I am doing the course with my wife who has not towed and hope to learn somthing. if not, thats OK, I am happy just making SWMBO nurvous ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts