Towing Covers

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
I read an old posting on the above subject and thought this may be of interest. Prior to buying our current van we had a Bailey Pageant Majestic but was concerned about damage to windows when towing so I purchased a universal cover to protect them which did the job. On buying the Pegasus I did not realise that it only had one awning channel which meant that the cover would not fit so I started to look at covers that did fit. Protec made one ( very good company ) so I asked them how their covers fitted the Pegasus and they informed me that they use Snad fastners and Poppers, that got me thinking could I modify my cover ? Yes was the answer, looked at suppliers of Snad fastners and found a company in Ireland J.Clark Marine who sold the complete kit. I carefully removed the pieces that slide in the awning rail from the tapes and replaced these with the studs that came in the kit (all tools supplied ) then made sure side panel of van was clean and dry and stuck the pads on at appropriate intervals leaving them for 72 hours to stick securely. This cost about £30 all in and I had a good cover that fitted caravan and worked, okay it was'nt a branded name but it saved me a lot of money.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I read an old posting on the above subject and thought this may be of interest. Prior to buying our current van we had a Bailey Pageant Majestic but was concerned about damage to windows when towing so I purchased a universal cover to protect them which did the job. On buying the Pegasus I did not realise that it only had one awning channel which meant that the cover would not fit so I started to look at covers that did fit. Protec made one ( very good company ) so I asked them how their covers fitted the Pegasus and they informed me that they use Snad fastners and Poppers, that got me thinking could I modify my cover ? Yes was the answer, looked at suppliers of Snad fastners and found a company in Ireland J.Clark Marine who sold the complete kit. I carefully removed the pieces that slide in the awning rail from the tapes and replaced these with the studs that came in the kit (all tools supplied ) then made sure side panel of van was clean and dry and stuck the pads on at appropriate intervals leaving them for 72 hours to stick securely. This cost about £30 all in and I had a good cover that fitted caravan and worked, okay it was'nt a branded name but it saved me a lot of money.
Result, pictures would help even more though.

John

TRENDING THREADS