Towing Magnets

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
after several years of nearly having our van smashed coming out of junctions or from drivers flying down motorway slip roads we came across magnets that stick to your car door informing others your towing and since then we have had no bother best £20 ever spent on my van

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Ive been towing a caravan for over 10 years and never in that time have i been nearly smashed comming out of a side road or any other for that matter.

You are either very unlucky, a poor judge of driving speed (of the other cars) or your selling them!!!!!

Be carefull out there

Kevin

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes trucker but they are good idea anything that gets you seen is a safe option and if it gives confidence to others money well spent.

l have thought about them but at present don't feel that l need them.

NigelH

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We met a couple in France, who on their first ever trip to France, were hit sideways on by someone coming out of a side street - and the car ended up right through both sides of their van! Fortunately no-one was injured, but needless to say the caravan was a write-off.

It didn't put them off, though, even though on their second trip to France their roof-light disappeared on the M25!

G

If motorists can't see the side of the car, caravan or indicators, what good is sign?

Why not just have big flashing lights police style and go the whole hog :0)

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Ive been towing a caravan for over 10 years and never in that time have i been nearly smashed comming out of a side road or any other for that matter.

You are either very unlucky, a poor judge of driving speed (of the other cars) or your selling them!!!!!

Be carefull out there

Kevin
trucker the danger wasnt coming of the slip road it was the idiots coming down of them at a rate of knots and at junctions its when your pulling out to let the traffic no there is more than just the car coming out and no im not selling them ive been a trucker myself for 20 years and thought it would be helpfull to tell you all about them im just amazed at the negative responce for trying to be helpfull

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

As a lad on my bike, it was not unknown for me to swerve out after a car had passed me, only to find it was being followed by a silent trailer. Never actually hit one, though. I remember this when passing bikes while I'm towing.

And some cheeky *** shot out of a side road in Glynneath, in front of me. But he was going fast enough to get away from me. His friend on the end of the tow-rope didn't seem very happy.....

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Just thinking - You are pulling out of a side road with really restricted view from the main road of what is behind you and a car hits the caravan as you pull out.

I can only think of 2 scenarios when this could happen

1. You pulled out without giving oncoming traffic consideration - in which case the car would have hit your car solo anyway.

2. The approaching car was approaching so fast that you did not see him - in which case the car would have hit your car solo anyway.

As for motorway sliproads - if the driver was reading the sign he should have been looking for a clear space to pull into instead.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Just thinking - You are pulling out of a side road with really restricted view from the main road of what is behind you and a car hits the caravan as you pull out.

I can only think of 2 scenarios when this could happen

1. You pulled out without giving oncoming traffic consideration - in which case the car would have hit your car solo anyway.

2. The approaching car was approaching so fast that you did not see him - in which case the car would have hit your car solo anyway.

As for motorway sliproads - if the driver was reading the sign he should have been looking for a clear space to pull into instead.
in a perfect world i suppose you would be right but it isnt anyway they have helped me no end from not so perfect drivers can i come and live in your perfect world

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I agree with you, Jeremy. Frankly, if other road users can see the sign, they should be able to see something much larger like a car. And if you think that the road is clear immediately behind the car, you're cutting it too darned close anyway.

TRENDING THREADS