Towing mirrors Kia Sorento & Lunar DElTA 26ft

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I am in need of novice help again... Could some one please advise me of the best mirrors that can be fastened on rather than suction pads for a Kia Sorento towing a Lunar Delta 26ft Van......

Thanks in advance

Steven

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Steven

I tow a Lunar Delta TL T/A which is 26' long with a Jeep Grand Cherokee - I bought the Milenco Grand Aero mirrors that clamp to the top of your door mirror in seconds - they are great, excellent size, stable, and provide a really good field of vision (I prefer Flat Glass but they are available I believe with Convex as well).

These also came out top in some recent tests. If you prefer something smaller than 'truck mirrors' then they also make the smaller 'Aero' version.

Hope this helps

Jon

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Steven

I tow a Lunar Delta TL T/A which is 26' long with a Jeep Grand Cherokee - I bought the Milenco Grand Aero mirrors that clamp to the top of your door mirror in seconds - they are great, excellent size, stable, and provide a really good field of vision (I prefer Flat Glass but they are available I believe with Convex as well).

These also came out top in some recent tests. If you prefer something smaller than 'truck mirrors' then they also make the smaller 'Aero' version.

Hope this helps

Jon
Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.. We have just purchased a Delta TL TA also.. Will be our first van and never towed before so we are in at the deepend with a full new rig.. Got a course in two weeks and nervous already for picking van up week on friday.. anyway.. Like you have mentioned someone has said that convex are more modern and better.. do you think I should try them and maybe the brand you have mentioned... i am assuming that these will firt on a 09 Kia Sorento also???

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a sorento with a swift charisma 555 and use th aero ones, great. Tip is once you have got them sorted to right angle, when you take them off dont put back in bag just placce somewhere safe, saves you having to adjust them every time- always when its tipping it down

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Steven,

Personally I prefer the flat glass as it gives a 'true' image that enables you to judge distance better, the convex provides a 'wider' view but things appear further away than they really are.

I too have only started towing this year so would still be classed as a newbie - and like you was a little nervous when I picked the van up in March (however I had towed other trailers in the past) - don't worry 10mins in and you will feel perfectly happy.

Charlie makes a good point - if you can avoid altering your mirror settings when you take them off then it makes life a lot easier when putting them back on.

Good luck and enjoy the new van - we reckon it is an absolutely great van - bags of room, really comfortable, looks great, and tows well.

Cheers

Jon

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Steven,

Forgot to answer your question about fitting - I think they pretty universal - if you have a door mirror they will fit ?

Jon

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a sorento with a swift charisma 555 and use th aero ones, great. Tip is once you have got them sorted to right angle, when you take them off dont put back in bag just placce somewhere safe, saves you having to adjust them every time- always when its tipping it down
Thank you, I have just ordered the Aero Grand Flat....

Steven

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts