towing with a small car

Aug 23, 2005
Visit site
The only caravan i could think of that could be towed by your peugeot is the teardrop caravan. They are extremely light and can be towed by a small car. The ones that i have seen sleep 2.I saw some on ebay, you could try there.

Depending on how many people you want to take with you, a bigger car would be better for towing a proper sized caravan, and also a higher CC.

Hope this helps.

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Karen completely. However, we were looking for a van we could tow with out PT Cruiser which has a ridiculously low tow weight. We found that some of the late 80's early 90's Lunars were very lightweight. We finished up with a sunbeam which was 770 I believe.

Jane

x

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
i found a van on a site for you called a "microlite prima", it is 620 kg unladen weight and 750 kg laden weight.

You maximum towing weight is 700kg with the 1.1

have a good search around there are loads of small, light vans about so you may find one lighter then 750kg.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello George,

My sources suggest that the Pergeot 206 comes in may different varients, and the age, number of doors and trim affect the maximum caravan mass that can be towed.

Check you handbook or with the dealer for the exact limit for your model.

Sadly I belive that the maximum technically possible laden mass (MTPLM) ofteh trailer is 700Kg and as that is with the caravan fully loaded. You must not exceed that value.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Last year I saw a Puck being towed by a 1.7 diesel Corsa if that helps. I, too, am interested in what you can tow with a 206, since I seem to be unable to get rid of it and buy something bigger!

May 10, 2005
Visit site
George

Have you seen the 'Freedom Caravans'? I believe they make 2, 3 & 4 berth vans. They are very lightweight. I think they're based in Staffordshire somewhere.

Take a look at the back of any copy of Practical Caravan magazine they always print a list of various van/car weights. That may give you a starting point.

Trisha

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi George,

If you are looking for a caravan that you can tow, and also hold it's value, then the Eriba Puck is a good starting point.

The legendary robustness of these caravans means a 25 year old example is about 1/2 way through it's projected life - 40 year Pucks are still worth around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts