Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi new to this forum. I have recently bought a caravan. A Compass Omega 524L 2003. Its a great caravan but alittle heavy. I am towing it with an Audi A4 Avant 1.8T S-line Multitronic 2004. The maxium towing weight on the caravan says its 1500kg. My cars owner manual states that the max towing weight for the car is 1500kg. Can anyone tell me if this is ok to tow.

Wll it damage my car. I have read that it should be about 85% of the overall weight????? Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
According to my data, the kerbweight of an Audi Avant 1.8T Multitronic is around 1475kg, so you would be towing at just over 100% weight ratio, which is rather critical. However, the weight of the caravan is still within the towload limit of the Audi. This has been technically approved by the car manufacturer so you should not do any damage to the car. On the other hand, towing at such a high weight ratio will require extreme care and will, in the long run, probably be rather tiring as you will have to be constantly aware of the relatively high risk of instability under such adverse conditions. Not an ideal combination!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts