toyota hi lux surf kerb weights etc

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi can anyone give me the kerbweights, max pay load, max tow bar weight, and the 85% caravan club guidence max weight etc etc for a 3.0 td hi lux surf m reg.

this would be a great help to me.

thanks

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

just looked at my registration certificate as we have the same. It shows that "Revenue weight" is 2185kg gross. Export certificate also shows "weight" as 1910 kg and describes the 2185kg as "gross weight".

Hope this means something - perhaps someone on the forum can use these figures to help.

Regards

Ken

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne.

It's difficult to find data for Jap imports but the UK market version of the Surf is the 4 Runner. www.difflock.com came up with a max tow of 2200kg and a kerbweight of 1900kg for the 4 Runner 3.0 and I don't think that will be much different from your Surf.

This will give a very useful 1615kg for an 85% match and if you feel confident at 100% then I guess it will tow almost any van on the market.

If it has a tow bar the weight and towball limit data may be stamped on it somwhere and if you are having one fitted the manufacturers paperwork will specify the limits.

Sorry don't have any figures for the towball; the average towball load for a vehicle of this type is around 100kg so you could be confident of at least 80kg which would be OK for a 1600 -1800kg van. This would err on the side of saftey and give plenty of scope.

I have an Iszu Bighorn with a bar rated up to 135kg but I tow a 1500kg van at around 80kg and the rig is very stable.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS