Traction control

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
apologies if this has been discussed couldnt find it on search.

Does any one use the Alko traction control and do they recommend it .

I just buying a bailey 520/4 GT 60 and thinking of having it fitted

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It's not traction control but trailer control.

I don't have the AlKo model, but the LEAS equivalent. There is also another system from BPW for their chassis and that works on the same principle.

All 3 systems can only be highly recommended. They effectively kill any snake as soon as instability occurs. The caravan only needs to start swaying and the system deploys by applying the brakes on the caravan. It is quite uncanny. On a wide open space of an empty supermarket car park I have deliberately put my outfit into an unstable condition and it only takes seconds for it to straighten out.

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I have alko ATC on mine as standard. Gives piece of mind should the worst happen. The only time mine has "deployed" was while travelling down a "B" road & there was a sudden change of camber. The sensors must have been fooled by this & the brakes of the van came on & slowed us down. A fraction of a second later & all was normal again.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The LEAS system has a warning buzzer that notifies the driver that the system has deployed or to warn if brake fade of the caravan brakes is about to occur. This requires an additional plug and socket to the car. However, neither AlKo not the BPW systems have this feature and therefore do not require special wiring of the car.

TRENDING THREADS