trading in problems!

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
I currently have a hymer 466 swing 2001 caravan which I have found to be an excellent quality well built caravan, but am now thinking of putting it in as part ex on a motorhome, but have found that our two local dealers will not take my Hymer, is this a normal problem, has anyone else encountered this type of problem before?

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I don't know how they can afford to turn away your business.I sell cars and am offered all sorts of px's I don't want so I either put a value on it and send it to auction or phone around and get it underwritten by someone who does want it. I really do not understand why they can't do the same.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew, has the hymer been correctly converted to uk spec ? it could be that the dealers are finding a problem if it was not done to standard as such they will not touch the van due to potential problems with litigation. if it was correctly converted and certified to say so then i also really can't see the problem. could also be that the dealers have in the past had problems selling the brand, the dealer i bought my coachman off has adviced that they are stopping selling theire only german brand as everyone wants to have a look but nobody wants to buy them. still very strange to turn down your business as brian says they could allways get it under written.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts