Travel WARNING Sat 14th June

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Hello everybody, Just thought I would warn anyone who is using the M6 on sat 14th june. According to the Lancashire Evening Post ( my local paper ) The truckers will be protesting about fuel prices. They will set off about 8:30 am from Lymm Truck stop Jct 21 (i think) and be going north to Carnforth truck stop Jct 35 and then back south again. The report says there will be about sixty trucks doing between 50 and 60mph (honest!!) Just thought i should warn you. Not very happy as i will get stuck coming back from my wedding in Gretna Green to Preston. Thanks Truckers!!!!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
No worrys Sean

Trucker
Hi i would be more happy if they travelled all the way down M6 through the heart of the country & down to London to bring whole motorway network to grid lock. This way they may get 6000 lorries or more 60is not really enough.

We need to bring the country to a standstil to put a stop to this rising costs of diesel & get about 25p of tax taken off.

diesel gone up 6p in 10 days were i live now

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi i would be more happy if they travelled all the way down M6 through the heart of the country & down to London to bring whole motorway network to grid lock. This way they may get 6000 lorries or more 60is not really enough.

We need to bring the country to a standstil to put a stop to this rising costs of diesel & get about 25p of tax taken off.

diesel gone up 6p in 10 days were i live now

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
There will also be a protest convoy on the 4th of July traveling

from Stanlow to Clwyn Bay along the A55 at 40mph. Also the Shell tanker drivers are on strike on this Friday.

Andy.

Feb 7, 2007
Visit site
If anyone's crossing to or travelling within France on the 16th June, there is a 'national day of action' being planned, with truck drivers, motorists, boat owners etc, being encouraged to bring France to a standstill by blocking all roads.

Could be an interesting day!!!!

G

Possibly if large numbers of car users, and businesses realised that running your whole economy on the premise of transporting evrything to anywhere, and back again, is not really a long sighted policy, then maybe sense will at long last reappear.

From supermarkets that move goods from one end of the country and back again just so shoppers can drive out of town to save 2p on a tin of beans, and that truck drivers can earn lots of money instead of actually working at a serious job.

Ironically the supply and demand numbers have not changed that much since the start of the year but the maniacal panic that Mr and Ms may not be able to burn their fuel in their 2, or 3 cars/4x4/SUV or whatever and get to Ikea for a Sunday, has driven the whole market nuts. Throw in some cowboys who see it as a good opportunity to make a fast buck and you have the current mayhem. There is a simple answer. Do not drive to Ikea, or any out of town retail park just to stuff the kids full of burgers and coke on Sundays. Try staying at home and cooking a meal. Try buying locally, the price may be a bit higher, but think of the fuel costs you are saving, and the taxes Gordon cannot get from you. Tear up the Tesco clubcard, the savings you think you have made have just been burned wholesale. Stop expecting someone else to solve your problems and think for yourself. If it is a Bank Holiday you do NOT really need to buy a new sofa, even though the adverts exhort you to do so, especially on 4 years no pay.

People complain about public transport, however it is a 'chicken and egg' situation. Until more poeple use it, and demand service then they get what they try to avoid. Of course we need a lead from the Government which is why I know that the situation will get much much worse, until the populace at large finally decide to burn the MP's out. Look back at 1997 and realise that was the year Britain allowed the best economy in Europe to be raped.

By the way can the last Brit in the UK please switch the lights off before leaving? That is if the power is still on.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
60 trucks going at between 50-60 mph represents any normal day on the M6. Why worry.

Increases in fuel are a problem as it drives up the price of everything. However, I have noticed far more people driving at "economic" speeds which make the roads a safer place.It's not all bad news.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts