Travelling in France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We normally have had to travel in August (because of school holidays) and generally travel on the frence roads has been quite reasonable. This year we are travelling from Cherbourg to Royan early to mid July and just wondered what traffic to expect

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We are doing this route at Whitsun. We have done this route numerous times in the past at this time and have always used the Autoroutes. We have never really experienced any traffic problems. You will probably see a few more vehicles when travelling round the ring roads but that is about it. Looking at our routes I think this year we will not follow the "A" road past Niort and exit at Saintes. We will probably come off the A road, a few junctions after Nantes ring road,and follow the N road past La Rochelle and Rochefort into Royan.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We travelled from St. Malo to Bretignolles-sur-Mur in the Vendee (11 miles from Les Sables D'Olone)in late July last year. The traffic was remarkably light on the motorways and was quite a pleasant drive compared to the drive down to Portsmouth we had had the day before. It did get busy around the Rennes and Nantes area but the motorway was moving freely and it wasn't that bad that I would make a detour to avoid it.

It did also get busy during the second week but this was due to the French holidays but it was still much lighter than back home. In fact I think we saw more traffic on our return journey on the M27 between Portsmouth and Southampton, than we did in the whole of our journey in France.

Have a great time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts