Travelling on ferries

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Living on the Isle of Wight we use the ferries quite often to travel over to the mainland. One problem we have come across is that when people leave their cars its a mad rush to get to the lounges and tend to take a short cut over the A frame between car and caravan. One of these days someone is going to trip and go flying. Anyone with any ideas to stop this?.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I live on the Island also and have had the same issue with people stepping over the A frame , even when I have had the back door open and a very large Bullmastiff not taking kindly to strangers so close, but I have given up worrying about it.
The only way they will learn not to do it is to trip and hurt themselves, but they only have themselves to blame.
One of the bigger annoyances is those with shoulder bags hitting the mirrors and not even bothered about it.

I have to say I hate the ferries and the way they cram vehicles onto them, and charge a fortune for the "privilege" of travelling with them.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..........what I do is stand there and stop people during the initial phase when people are parking around you.
After that you can't do much about it.
...............................................................................................................................................

Damian-Moderator said:
I have to say I hate the ferries and the way they cram vehicles onto them, and charge a fortune for the "privilege" of travelling with them.

.........at least you get residents discount ;)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " At least you get residents discount"

Dustydog, the "discount" is a joke to be honest.
In many cases it is far cheaper for folk travelling TO the Island than those of us going from the Island.
The last ferry crossing with van cost me £185 return, and that was out of the holiday season.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts