Travelling to Germany

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
For Lutz and Dianne,

I spoke to you sometime ago about me driving to the Neustadt area of Germany, this would be my first time abroad with the van.

Im now having cold feet and wonder if i should do it and if Ive left it to let to start booking places. Any thoughts on the matter.? Any advice would be appreciated!

My ferry is booked with P& O for the 6th Aug.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I value the freedom of never booking in advance. Despite that, I've rarely ever run into problems while touring with sites being full so long as I haven't left it too late. Except in very popular tourist areas, arrival before 5pm usually guarantees a free pitch. Phoning ahead a day in advance in your travels is an alternative that may give you more peace of mind.

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I value the freedom of never booking in advance. Despite that, I've rarely ever run into problems while touring with sites being full so long as I haven't left it too late. Except in very popular tourist areas, arrival before 5pm usually guarantees a free pitch. Phoning ahead a day in advance in your travels is an alternative that may give you more peace of mind.
Hi Lutz, Thanks for your response!

Can you recommend the drive from Dunkerque to Lille Mons Namur, the A411 to Luxembourg, E 29 to Saarbrucken and then depending on where we stay head to Neustadt from there.

Many years,(The 80's) I when I first drove there we went the same route but then onto to Liege Achen Koln Koblenz which seems a little longer now.

Which would be the better route for towing?

Your replies are greatly appreciated!

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts