Tredegar House Country Park Caravan Club Site

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
carper said:
I certainly remember Pneumonia Bridge as I used to fish off of it, even though fishing from it was banned. When I was in the Army there were a couple of girls who came into the Army Pub The Fox and I walked one of them over the bridge a few times. She was a surgeon Commanders Daughter.
I have not been to the Submarine Musuem( have they got men in showers there
smiley-laughing.gif
) but there again it has been a few years since I was there. In actual fact we stopped at Kingfisher Park at Browndown.
Les

I never knew that Kingfisher Park existed, could be useful for a future visit?
Not sure about men in showers at the old HMS Dolphin, it is now/was a Tri-service military medical centre. The submarine base is no longer there, all training having moved to Devonport. Haslar hospital closed in 2009. I'm guessing you were billeted at St Georges barracks. Oddly my Grandfather (1st Welsh Regiment) was billeted there in the late 1920's and my mother was born there too.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Oldsalt49 said:
carper said:
I certainly remember Pneumonia Bridge as I used to fish off of it, even though fishing from it was banned. When I was in the Army there were a couple of girls who came into the Army Pub The Fox and I walked one of them over the bridge a few times. She was a surgeon Commanders Daughter.
I have not been to the Submarine Musuem( have they got men in showers there
smiley-laughing.gif
) but there again it has been a few years since I was there. In actual fact we stopped at Kingfisher Park at Browndown.
Les

I never knew that Kingfisher Park existed, could be useful for a future visit?
Not sure about men in showers at the old HMS Dolphin, it is now/was a Tri-service military medical centre. The submarine base is no longer there, all training having moved to Devonport. Haslar hospital closed in 2009. I'm guessing you were billeted at St Georges barracks. Oddly my Grandfather (1st Welsh Regiment) was billeted there in the late 1920's and my mother was born there too.

Your right I was at St georges Barracks, don't remember your Grandfather but then again he had most probably left I didn't get there untill 1966.
The last time I was at Kingfisher park some of the children on there didn't like the toiel block and smashed it up. The owners found out who it was and kicked them off straight away. The restaurant there was excellent and cheap, you had to book on a Sunday as it was always full people from outside of the site used it a lot.
http://www.kingfisher-caravan-park.co.uk/

Les

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
The Kingfisher Park looks quite nice, but I'm not impressed at a charge of £2.50 a night for an awning!!! It seems that most of the pitches are hard standings, so an awning charge is taking the pi$$.

OS

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I must admit that the prices for Kingfisher are high. We were down in that area a few weeks ago and stayed at the C&CC site at Chichester which is a nice site and cheaper. The good thing about Kingfisher is you can walk down to Stokes Bay and blow all the cobwebs away.

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts