Troutbeck head c.c. site

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
Hello there I have just booked a week at the end of May to go to the lakes at a site called Troutbeck Head which is a site owned by the caravan club, I would be interested in all your reviews of the site

cheers Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Troutbeck is one of our favourite sites.It is almost midway between Penrith and Keswick.Not near any shops,but a small stock of essentials are sold in reception,and papers may be ordered.The toilet blocks ( 2 ) are immaculate and the shower cubicles are the biggest I have ever seen.The views from the site are lovely,with the colours on the mountains constantly changing depending on the weather.

The Lakes are always busy at any time of the year,and will be when you are there.Parking in all the towns is at a premium,and you will always have to pay parking charges.There is so much much to see and do,I am sure that it will not be your last visit.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Troutbeck is one of our favourite sites.It is almost midway between Penrith and Keswick.Not near any shops,but a small stock of essentials are sold in reception,and papers may be ordered.The toilet blocks ( 2 ) are immaculate and the shower cubicles are the biggest I have ever seen.The views from the site are lovely,with the colours on the mountains constantly changing depending on the weather.

The Lakes are always busy at any time of the year,and will be when you are there.Parking in all the towns is at a premium,and you will always have to pay parking charges.There is so much much to see and do,I am sure that it will not be your last visit.
... "with the colours on the mountains constantly changing" that reminded me of the sunset at North Ledaig last year as the sun was setting over the loch.

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Thanks alot for your comments Maureen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
michael,

Been there twice during June, the site is on three levels each being flat, there is a river running along side which unfortunatly attracts the midges, They lay in wait for the unfortunate people like me, they do sell lots of repelant in the site shop.

The approach to the site is down a steep hill , the dog walk is along side the approach road.

One of the nice walks near there is Aira force along side tumbling waterfalls.

Roy

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
michael,

Been there twice during June, the site is on three levels each being flat, there is a river running along side which unfortunatly attracts the midges, They lay in wait for the unfortunate people like me, they do sell lots of repelant in the site shop.

The approach to the site is down a steep hill , the dog walk is along side the approach road.

One of the nice walks near there is Aira force along side tumbling waterfalls.

Roy
Cheers Roy for your info.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michael I hope you don't mind jumbing in on your thread, how suitable is Troutbeck for a 3yr old. We don't mind going off for the day, rest sounds good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts