Troyes , France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a municipal site at Troyes.

We have stayed at a pleasant site at Geraudot, Camping de l'Epine-aux-Moines to the east of Troyes and it is just across the road from a lake.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keith, just a bit north of Troye is a village called Arcis-sur-l'Aube, and just south of that on the main road a super little site whose name escapes me!It's on the main N77 about 10k from Arcis, on the left at the brow of a hill.7euro per night, with basic facilities, but the hottest water you'll ever need.

I try to keep it secret, but I'll share it with you, but don't tell anyone else!

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
I can recommend the municipal site at Troyes - basic but handy for the town and surrounding area - busy with a lot of overnighters,mostly Dutch. They also have a website.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommned the campsite at Geraudot mentioned by Dusty. Very pleasant,overlooking fields; good facilities, welcoming management. Swimming available from the beach on the lake and good cycling around the lake and another adjacent one. It is about 15-20 minutes to drive into Troyes from there. Incidentally, do not miss the centre of Troyes, which is a picturesque old town.

Bonnes Vacances.

Paul

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommned the campsite at Geraudot mentioned by Dusty. Very pleasant,overlooking fields; good facilities, welcoming management. Swimming available from the beach on the lake and good cycling around the lake and another adjacent one. It is about 15-20 minutes to drive into Troyes from there. Incidentally, do not miss the centre of Troyes, which is a picturesque old town.

Bonnes Vacances.

Paul
I too would recommend the municipal at Troyes. We have overnighted there a number of times, as it is ideally situated for the cross county/motorway divide on our journey - whether coming or going. It has always been busy in June, although we've managed to get a pitch. Walking distance to town - which is great, as we've usually been travelling for a couple of days by then. The one thing that always strikes us as odd (so we must usually visit on our way North!) is that the separate the ladies and gents showers etc.!

Jo

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Sorry - posted in the wrong bit! I too would recommend the municipal at Troyes. We have overnighted there a number of times, as it is ideally situated for the cross county/motorway divide on our journey - whether coming or going. It has always been busy in June, although we've managed to get a pitch. Walking distance to town - which is great, as we've usually been travelling for a couple of days by then. The one thing that always strikes us as odd (so we must usually visit on our way North!) is that the separate the ladies and gents showers etc.!

Jo

TRENDING THREADS