Truma 4E Water Jacket/Container - leak on seam

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

Hoping someone can help with some advice regarding the water jacket/container on a Truma 4E. I have owned my caravan from new (2013) - Challenger 585. Missed my service last year so 5 year warranty doesn't apply.

I noticed the carpet was damp near to the Combi 4E installation and upon inspection I could see that the insulation jacket was water stained. Water wasn't pouring out so the leak is very small.
I have managed to take the unit out and upon removing the insulation jacket I can see the weld/join running around the middle and although I can see some small 'rust' marks I can't see a hole.
Can the container be repaired or will I need to purchase a new container?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not intimately familiar with the construction of the 4E heater tank, so I can't tell you if it can be re sealed.

But there are a number of considerations to bear in mind. The first it may have been the result of an imperfect weld at one particular point during the manufacture, in which case a repair (reweld or some other additonal sealing systems) may be satisfactory,

But I do recall that earlier Truma products (Trumastore/Ultrastore) tanks would sometimes pin hole due to corrosion, and the chances are if you fixed one pin hole, very soon another would start to show.

Sorry I cant off any more positive advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts