Truma/Carver mover

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Truma/Carver mover fitted to my 2005 twin axle Abbey Spectrum. The mover has always worked fine until recently when it keeps cutting out. I have replaced the battery in the handset but the issue still occurs. The lights on the box flash and by looking at the instructions they indicate that the unit is not sync to the remote. After the rest button is depressed all works fine for a couple of seconds before the unit cuts out again with the same lights displayed. I have tried to unlock the motor from the wheels and operate of which works fine. This led me to think that my caravan battery was at fault but it reads full on the internal battery gauge and had been previous charged. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you installed or changed an outside security light? I had the same problem with my Truma Mover. It would move a foot and stop and so on. When I turned the security light off at the mains I had no further trouble.

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

No. I do have a security light fitted to the house but it's always been there and I get this problem on site too.

I have found out that the battery needs to supply a minimum of 600 cca (cold crankase amps) so I am going to try and get that tested at a dearler or somewhere as my home mulitmeter will not do.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rob

not sure if this is any help but have you checked the wiring for any shorts or loose connections?

I've just had my Truma SE mover swapped to the new van and one of the wires was a bit dodgy (the copper wire wasn't firmly clamped in a spade connector) and the control unit kept shutting off.

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
Roger,

Thanks and good point I will look at this tonight. I took my 100amp battery to be tested yesterday but was told by the autoelectrician that he could not tell me the cca as leisure batteries don't have the battery stats stamped on them for him to put in machine. So not sure if the battery is at fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts