truma gas regulator - bulkhead type

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
whilst on a recent 2 weeks trip to france - i think my gas reulator has packed up (on the first day would you believe!!)
gas came through to the oven - and then it stopped - then the next day it came through but only slightly - as the flames were very low on the cooker - it worked like this for 20 mins then cut out
i would imagine there is a blockage - but is it the regulator or the pipe?
i can buy a regulator for abt £40 -
im sure this is a common problem - so before i buy the regulator is there any way of cleaning it out and seeing if that will solvethe problem?

any advice would be appreciated

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like the oil problem, look at last months PC (think Octobers issue) good artile on what the problem is and how to remedy it.
NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It happened to me last time out with the Senator
I disconnected the bulkhead regulator and to find out as a temporary measure used a standard camping gaz on the bottle regulator and connected to the van supply pipe with rubber tubing
All worked OK so it was a new regulator at a shade under £60
They can't be cleaned out I'm told
Its possible to use an external barbecue point via a standard bottle regulator for eliminating the bulkhead regulator I've been told and indeed some people on permanent sites have been observed with large gas cylinders feeding the van in this way

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry it was in this months CC magazine (September issue) page 98 under Gastasks.l think you could view it on line on the CC website.
NigelH

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
hi Nigel - or anyone else that may know -
i have just taken of the pigtail from the regulator and tried to see if when i release the valve on the top of the gas bottle to let the gas flow it will still come out the end of the pig tail pipe -
i have tried this and no gas comes through the pipe-
no im no gas expert - but is there something in thepipe that stops the gas flowing out unless connected to the regulator
OR
could it be that the pigtail pipe is blocked?
i hope this makes sense
i have tried and no gas comes out the pipe you see

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
hi Nigel - or anyone else that may know -
i have just taken of the pigtail from the regulator and tried to see if when i release the valve on the top of the gas bottle to let the gas flow it will still come out the end of the pig tail pipe -
i have tried this and no gas comes through the pipe-
no im no gas expert - but is there something in thepipe that stops the gas flowing out unless connected to the regulator
OR
could it be that the pigtail pipe is blocked?
i hope this makes sense
i have tried and no gas comes out the pipe you see

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
some pigtails do have a safety valve fitted these have a white label. a yellow label indicates a straight through pigtail
see here http://www.bes.co.uk/
the fault you describe sound like the normal Tuma regulater fault & is caused by oil contamination from the gas !!!!!

If you need a new regulater I suggest you go for the CLEESE single stage or go for the GASLOW regulater kit which comes with S/S pigtail & the cleese regulater & is guarenteed for 5 years
http://www.thegaslowcentre.co.uk/magento/gaslow/english/lpg-gas-equipment/lpg-gas-regulators/gaslow-wall-mounted-single-lpg-gas-regulators.html

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had this problem with a camping gaz regulator that would pass no gas but much to the assembled crowd's amusement as soon as it was attached to a gas barbecue it worked
Some regulators do indeed have a fail safe cut off

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Two checks to make: Is the regulator higher than the gas outlet on the bottle. If yes it probably is not the regulator.
Does the pigtail have a bend in it that is lower than the gas outlet? If yes the pigtail is blocked.
Some pigtails do have a one way valve in them This is not dependent on being connected to the regulator. The gas should come through it when disconnected.
Had a blockage last year with a very long pigtail.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts