Truma heater melted the shower cubicle side wall.........

May 2, 2022
Visit site
Question:
Truma heater in 2010 Lunar Quaser 546 has 2 vent pipes off the back. 1 feeds the shower cubicle vent about 10 inches away, the other feeds the rest of the van vents...... Its melted the side wall of the cubicle as we had it on setting 7 out of 9 temp. See the story below that I pasted in another forum but basically am looking to cap the vent pipe that goes to the shower so all the heat goes to the other vents. Other than no heat in the bathroom would anyone advise against doing this?

We bought our van privately from someone who never used the heating. When we bought it they said to be careful with the heat for this exact same reason although it was not an issue they had had. First Spring night in the van, turned the heating up about 3/4 of the way and sure enough later found the cubicle side wall around the vent warped through heat. There were also small crack offshoots radiating out from the vent hole. To avoid a costly repair I drilled tiny holes at the end of each crack to stop it spreading and then sealed a slightly larger surface vent over the hole to hide my handywork. This was great for a year until we accidentally had it turned up again and again it melted the new vent cover. I've now got to replace the replacement......

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......there should be a lever where the two pipes leave the back of the heater.
It's setting controls the amount of heat flowing down each pipe.
It should be set to restrict the nearest outlets and boost the furthest outlets.
Your problems seem to suggest the setting of this lever in your van has been incorrect.

May 2, 2022
Visit site
Genius Gafferbill.....
Put my phone down the back of the heater and took a photo and sure enough there is a lever cranked all the way to one side which I assume is diverting the heat to the shower. You can't see it from the front but you're definitely correct. I'll make some adjustments to it and see how it goes. Thanks very much indeed.

Reactions: Mel and ProfJohnL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts