Truma motor mover S not working!!

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
Hello and good morning,

This is my first forum post so I could be doing it wrong but help would be grateful. I recently bought a Abbey Pacific 2 birth for pottering around and it came with a motor mover. For the life of me I can’t get it to operate. I’ve been through youtube videos and instructional videos and can’t get it to operate. It has power, I’ve reset the box, I’ve changed the batteries, I’ve checked all connections, the hand control flashes and beeps until signal picks up then it’s good to operate. You can hear the mover engaged and turn on. But when you press the directional button to move the caravan nothing works! I’m at limbo with it a bit now.
Kind regards
Carl

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi welcome to the Forum. What type mover is it? Are the main battery terminal clamps tight and are the cables tight in the clamps. Is the battery well charged?

Reactions: Mandarin
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my first day of motor mover ownership - As well as OtherClive's suggestion, it may be that the electrical connections to the motors need cleaning. If you've not seen it already there's a great video on the Trudgians Youtube channel that explains the problem and how to fix it. Search "Trudgians Motor Mover Repair Youtube". I followed the advice there and it solved it for me.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Carl welcome to the forum someone on here will help you and answer your question not me sorry but keep posting

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. When I had trouble with mine, I found that the the brushes needed renewing, I used the Trudgians video and renewed them. Also part of the problem was the bushes were not moving freely in thire slides, so plenty of contact cleaner and a very small brush (the type with bristles)

Been OK since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The first thing to check is the leisure battery.
If it is not holding charge then the mover will not work.
Did the van come with a battery or have you bought a new one?
A quick check is to use a multimeter on the battery terminals with no power connected to the van.
Note the reading, it should be 12.8v or thereabouts.
Now with the multimeter still connected to the battery , operate the mover witht the rollers disconnected from the wheels.
The voltage should drop initially but recover to at least 12v.
If it drops and stays down, then the battery has failed and needs replacing.

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi there, thanks.

its a Truma mover S.. Yes we have checked all the terminals. You can hear the motor engage there just isn’t any movement though

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
Ok
The first thing to check is the leisure battery.
If it is not holding charge then the mover will not work.
Did the van come with a battery or have you bought a new one?
A quick check is to use a multimeter on the battery terminals with no power connected to the van.
Note the reading, it should be 12.8v or thereabouts.
Now with the multimeter still connected to the battery , operate the mover witht the rollers disconnected from the wheels.
The voltage should drop initially but recover to at least 12v.
If it drops and stays down, then the battery has failed and needs replacing.

Ok fantastic, Thankyou

Mar 16, 2022
Visit site
I'm assuming this is an automatic mover.......
Sounds like the engaging motor is working but not the moving motor........?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

My Truma failed a few months ago. I could pair the remote, but got a flashing light which did not correspond with fault codes. Truma wanted me to send it back to them for a possible reset. A quick easy job they said. but wanted £40/45 plus two way postage. I thought it was a bit cheeky as it is their product that had failed, and no guarantee.

So I took a chance and sent the control box here. I was impressed with the service. Cost me about £110 but it needed a new chip fitted.

So if all else fails, you might want to give them a go, or get a refurbished control box off them.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

My Truma failed a few months ago. I could pair the remote, but got a flashing light which did not correspond with fault codes. Truma wanted me to send it back to them for a possible reset. A quick easy job they said. but wanted £40/45 plus two way postage. I thought it was a bit cheeky as it is their product that had failed, and no guarantee.

So I took a chance and sent the control box here. I was impressed with the service. Cost me about £110 but it needed a new chip fitted.

So if all else fails, you might want to give them a go, or get a refurbished control box off them.

John
Maybe I missed something, Truma wanted £45 to repair, but you paid the other place £110?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Maybe I missed something, Truma wanted £45 to repair, but you paid the other place £110?

No, Truma wanted £45 plus return postage, but that was only with a guess at what was wrong. It turn out they were very wrong as a chip had failed. I had zero faith in their quote.

But it was also the audasity to ask for £45 to do a reset and saying that they need this every so often. But the person I spoke to really could not care.

John

Reactions: A&R Electronics
Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
No, Truma wanted £45 plus return postage, but that was only with a guess at what was wrong. It turn out they were very wrong as a chip had failed. I had zero faith in their quote.

But it was also the audasity to ask for £45 to do a reset and saying that they need this every so often. But the person I spoke to really could not care.

John
Good evening Jcloughie

Truma charge £45 to tell you it's faulty, and then offer £300 or so for a replacement control unit. Sometimes they will pass the customer onto us.

We diagnose, repair & warrant our work for 12 months for £100. I would think that's the better option. I am not advertising, only replying to a post from a customer that has used us previously. Also looking in the forums alot of people have in the past few years for a multitude of repairs.

Kind regards

Yan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts