Truma mover for twin axle?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I'm contemplating buying a mover for my twin axle. I don't want a 4 drive unit due to the additional weight and wish to maintain my jacking points therefore need the mover to drive the front wheels.

I've been advised by local dealer to go for a new Truma over other models. Their rationale being it has more powerful motor and fits to the front wheels. They explained that other 2 drive models struggle to move twin axles. I am tempted to go for the Truma but a little put off by the cost which is which is Β£1500 ( with 5 year guarantee) .

Does anyone have experience of the Truma that they could share with me.

Thanks in anticipation

AB

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a truma TE on a bailey wyoming.It drives the front wheels

It works very well , helps if you lower the jockey wheel as much as possible - that way the rear caravan wheels scrub less.

The electric engagement makes life easy.

I paid

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a Trume TE on my Bailey Limousin find it great, had to get the remote changed though as it kept dropping out but replaced no hassle from Dealers.

Thanks for the tip about the jockey wheel

The soft start is great for lining up the wheels to fit the 2 Alko wheels locks....I use the "Cheating" method of alignment

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a Trume TE on my Bailey Limousin find it great, had to get the remote changed though as it kept dropping out but replaced no hassle from Dealers.

Thanks for the tip about the jockey wheel

The soft start is great for lining up the wheels to fit the 2 Alko wheels locks....I use the "Cheating" method of alignment
So do I

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
that's nearly as much as i paid for my 4 drive powrwheel one!!! which also have a 5 yr warranty. I think from memory the single motor will shift up to 1700kgs from then which was why i had to go for the 4drive.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thank you all very much for the advice -

I also have alko wheel locks- I am interested to learn about the cheating method of alignment ? What is this?

AB

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Twin Axle Cheating Method:

Line up rear wheel, fit alko, inch forward or back on mover to line up front wheel, fit other alko.

I find that the front wheel will usually turn on the mover on grass, but sometimes drags the back wheel an inch or so.

After a tip from another posting above, I'm going to try with the jockey as low as possible to fit rear, then as high as possible to fit front. Hopefully the front wheel will always skid then. Sometimes as the rear skids it alters the straightness of the van slightly, but unless you're really pedantic it is not noticeable. Not the recommended method but I cant be bothered with the jack.

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I forgot....make sure the first alko is screwed in fully and fitted properly before fitting the front one....don't want to damage the threads!!

When we were in Thirsk the other week I got talking to a lad with a 4 drive unit, couldn't believe it when he showed me how little ground clearance he had. He is on his third set of casings for the front mover!

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I think the Truma TE can cope with a heavier van than some others.

We have the TE on our twin axle that weighs in at 1900kg and it can easily move it off the road and up our 1 in 10 driveway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts