Truma outside shower hose

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
We bought a new Lunar this year which gives us the option to buy an outside hose (to clean muddy booys,hose dogs down) which connects to the side of our water inlet. Has anyone got one of these hoses, as we were under the impression you plug it in to the special inlet and press the trigger on hose and hey presto water should come out from your inboard tank. Guess what ours doesn't... have we got a dud hose or are we doing something wrong.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Can't help with your problem, but on a slightly different track , we stopped at an Aire in France one late hot evening and saw a gentleman wearing a Speedo style costume standing outside his 'van, using his external shower to cool down - another use!!
Hovis

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
We have a Clubman which came with the external shower. I tried it in France when we were connected to mains water and it was a case of squeeze the trigger and water came out. However, I've not tried it whilst connected to the Aquaroll/pump. When you tried it, were you connected up and your pump switched on? Obviously there will need to be a drop in pressure for the pump to trigger and then I would have thought the shower should work.

Nigel.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Just out of interest you say that you bought a new Lunar and suggest that it has an inboard water tank. I therefore assume it is a Delta? If that's the case, it should have had a shower with it rather than you having to buy one.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We have the clubman SE that came with the outside shower hose, plug it in to its dedicated plug point at the side of the aquarole pump point, press the trigger away it goes, fantastic to wash our yorkies off when they have been ferrieting.
Heethers

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Denise
Is this the Truma type filter inlet/outlet (it would have a large blue cap for the filter)? If so as you bought the hose as an accessory, it is possible that the outlet has not been 'plumbed' for the shower. Check the inside of the water outlet - is there a hose connected to the spigot behind the shower outlet? The water inlet is 'internally connected' but the shower outlet needs a separate supply - the spigot is sealed as fitted out of the box. If I recall correctly, you need to cut off the sealed end and connect to the cold water feed pipe with a tee junction.
Alan

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We have this but haven't used it yet. How does the blanking plate come off? The comment about not being plumbed in might be relevant as i was talking to a motor home dealer who had a box of blanking plates taken off inputs as surplus.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Waffler, on my SE it is not a blacking plate it has a clip you lift up or remove can't quiet remember, you then insert the hose connection which is very much like the pump conection then press the trigger, has far as l am aware it just comes out cold, it seems to me that your van is not plumbed in for the outside shower, your Dealer should be able to confirm if it is. Can't understand why you don't have the conection, all Delta and Clubman ranges were specked for one. Ours is situated at the side of the water inlet on the offside of the van.
Heethers

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan,
This could be our problem that its not plumbed from the inside as we do have the big blue filter on the outside and the blank plate to remove. As we only have the Lexon, maybe the Delta has it plumbed already due to the hose coming with the van.I don't know all these fan dangle accessories that they advertise, but you still have to mess around with the plumbing. thanks again, the van is on a seasonal pitch at the moment so will have to investigate when we are up there next

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Denise checked my Clubman thie morning and your Delta is the same spec has my Clubman, lift the flap where the truma pump connects, the round blue filter with weeks printed around the circumfrance sits above it, at the side of the pump conection is a plate that un clips revealing the same type of connection as the pump, this is where you connect the outside shower. if this is not so then l would be well miffed has the Delta has the same spec has the Clubman, only difference is the Delta has the on board tank which the Clubman does not.
If you go to the Lunar website and find Clubman/Delta it gives you all the spec their for 2010 range.
Heethers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts