Truma Regulators

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the Truma Regulators that are fitted standard to 2004 on caravans.I had 1 fail ,so has a couple of friends , but im not allowed to change it myself i have to be a Corgi registered fitter so had to make a trip to the dealer to get it changed , a 10 mins job but 2 hrs of my time , the dealer said they have a problem with them , they are £45 to buy so hope they are covered are 1 year!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mike,

Who told you it had to be a corgi registered fitter to replace it?

Ironically touring caravans are specifically exempt from that regulation, BUT, it does make a lot of sence as insurance companies are becomming more dubiouis of DIY gas fitting on caravans.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hello Mike,

Who told you it had to be a corgi registered fitter to replace it?

Ironically touring caravans are specifically exempt from that regulation, BUT, it does make a lot of sence as insurance companies are becomming more dubiouis of DIY gas fitting on caravans.
Hi John the dealer told me , it is a fixed installation and because the certificate covers from the point of enrty ie the pigtail connector you need to be corgi registered

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We had a problem last Saturday week, told by several dealers the new regulators were blocking up, the only way to correct was to replace. Spoke to 4 who had none left as they had used them all.

Phoned Grantham Caravans (My Dealer) on Monday who had 1 sent by interlink to Blackshaw Moor CC site

arrived Tueday and I fitted it, all ok now

Mike

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi

We had a problem last Saturday week, told by several dealers the new regulators were blocking up, the only way to correct was to replace. Spoke to 4 who had none left as they had used them all.

Phoned Grantham Caravans (My Dealer) on Monday who had 1 sent by interlink to Blackshaw Moor CC site

arrived Tueday and I fitted it, all ok now

Mike
Hi Mike thanks for the info , i have found out that the gas is excempt from regulations due to you having to change the gas bottle so i have 1 on its way as we speak for me to fit , a bit worrying that so many are failing !!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John L is right you don't need to be Corgi registered to work on touring caravans,you can work on your own van but have to have passed a suitable traing course to work on vans not your own.

Mike.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts