Truma ultraheat TODs

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We’ve done this before. Yet I have noticed on quite a number of other Forums people are changing theTODs with the heater removed. But no mention of the flue gasket. You guys know the reality but please if on any other Forum you are on regarding this subject please emphasise the flue gasket MUST be replaced with new for reassembly. The remade gas pipe joint must be correctly tested for integrity, leak tests etc.

I suspect since Covid a lot of new caravaners may well be doing their own diy. On the face of it no problem but where do they get the advice from?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
When I changed mine, the flu gasket was so badly deformed, it couldn't possibly have been reused. And at around a fiver, why wouldn't you not use a new one.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I changed mine, the flu gasket was so badly deformed, it couldn't possibly have been reused. And at around a fiver, why wouldn't you use a new one.
Unfortunately, not everyone realises the the gasket should not be used again. I have witnessed several installations where well intentioned DIYers have not understood the importance of these seals, and have not realised the danger they have created by reusing them.

Fortunately if the flue pipe is working correctly, the thermal draw the flue creates will actually create a negative pressure at the joint, but almost any disturbance (such as a change in direction or of the speed of wind over the caravan roof) could prevent it drawing correctly and cause it to pump flue products into the living space if the gasket has been compromised.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts