Truma Ultraheat

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I’m very new to the Caravan scene, in fact we are going away tomorrow for a first trip and to be honest I’m very nervous!!
Ive just been playing around with the heating system and was wondering what’s the best way to keep the van warm during the night? I have a wife who hates the cold and two very young children, so heating is of the essence!! I believe the heating runs off either electric or gas!
is it safe to leave heating on over night?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You’ve probably got three electric settings. 500,1000,2000 watts. So I would opt for electric rather than gas. It all depends on what temperature you require for comfort but just experiment with the thermostat. We don’t have heating on at night preferring a cool van, but when away last week when it was a bit cooler we ran it at 1000 watts and fan speed 3 and adjusted the thermostat to a suitable evening temperature.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to put your mind at rest, it is perfectly safe to run the heater on either gas or electric during the day and night.
Whichever fuel source you decide on , it is a case of finding the thermostat setting that suits you .

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
You’ve probably got three electric settings. 500,1000,2000 watts. So I would opt for electric rather than gas. It all depends on what temperature you require for comfort but just experiment with the thermostat. We don’t have heating on at night preferring a cool van, but when away last week when it was a bit cooler we ran it at 1000 watts and fan speed 3 and adjusted the thermostat to a suitable evening temperature.
Yes it has got those three settings.
Thank you I’ll play around with it!

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Just to put your mind at rest, it is perfectly safe to run the heater on either gas or electric during the day and night.
Whichever fuel source you decide on , it is a case of finding the thermostat setting that suits you .
Great thank you. This may sound a very silly question, but do I have to pay for electric on top of my pitch fee or is that normally included?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Great thank you. This may sound a very silly question, but do I have to pay for electric on top of my pitch fee or is that normally included?
It’s normally included but check your booking and if it’s charged (unusual) there will be a meter on the power bollard.
Some commercial sites limit the use of electric heaters for awnings which I would totally support.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lewis
Normally when you book a pitch the electricity is normally included if you booked an electric pitch, sometimes described as 'With EHU'.
(electric hook up)
Have a great time!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lewis
Normally when you book a pitch the electricity is normally included if you booked an electric pitch, sometimes described as 'With EHU'.
(electric hook up)
Have a great time!

A small but increasing number of sites have metered electricity which is separately charged.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi lewis i hope you have a nice break it like what everyone says you have three settings 500 1000 2000 watts and they run of gas and electric and some will say electric included or metered you are charged separately

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is no uniformity to the way sites charge, so the only way to know is to check the sites tariff details before you book.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dusty point is a good one. We run on gas and electricity when we can, and turn heating down to about 12c. With two of us and two dogs, it is well cosy. We have a 4.5 TOG rated duvet.
And relax and enjoy your caravan. It's heaving it down with rain here in Waterrow. Great fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts