Truma Ultrastore Rapid XL Water pump constantly on

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

We have a Pageant Bailey Campagne with a Truma Ultrastore Rapid XL Water pump fitted.
I've gone to run a clean through the system before we go away and I can't seem to get pressure in the system.

I've opened the hot taps and then turned the pump on at the switch. The pump runs for a short period and then water begins to run through the tap. I then switch the taps to cold and they run through. When I turn all taps off, the pump does drop it audiable volume, however you can then hear it still running. The only way to stop it is turn the pump off at the switch (the green light remains on constantly).

I'm a newbie to Caravaning so it might be something I'm doing wrong, any advice would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,
Alex

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a pressure switch near the water heater and water inlet pipe work. It is adjustable if it’s like my Bailey S5 Bordeaux. Your handbook for the ultra store or owners manual will show what to do. However make sure that all air is out of the system and that you can’t see any obvious leaks. Also make sure the drain valve isn’t leaking. Also you have to ensure the hot water heater is full as well as all air out of system.

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Having read the whale instructions, that certainly seems to be what I am experiencing.

However I cannot see anything that resembles the pressure switch in my system.

Here are a couple of photos:

I've also checked my manual and I can't see any mention of the pressure switch either:

Am I looking in the completely wrong place? Or is it hidden in plain view.

Many thanks,
Alex

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I assume your pump is a submersible within the aquaroll?
The last photo is I believe the surge damper. The yellow tap can stick and as advised by Clive make sure it is not leaking by looking under the caravan with the pump running.
The Ultrastore can take quite a few minutes to fill and then a little longer as the air is bled out via the taps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts